Number of Views: 88
Location: Princeton, NJ
Job Status: Open
Role in Team
Our security group has several intern openings in the areas of systems and security with a focus on big-data enabled enterprise security for advanced persistent threats (APT). We have built a surveillance system that collects the data of system activities for various security analysis. To facilitate the querying and management of such large amount of the data, we plan to build a novel querying system that provides user-friendly language to describe security-related activities and efficient query processing on the data.
The internship typically produces high quality publications, patents, and the implementation of a research prototype. Our previously internships have resulted in publications in top conferences such as ACM CCS, NDSS, ACM SIGMETIRCS, etc.
Candidates should be pursuing a PhD or be engaged in active research and have strong system design and building skills. We have multiple intern positions that cover a diverse set of research directions. Previously hands-on experiences on any of the following topics are a plus.
- Big-data platform design and implementation
- Big-data storage/database systems, data management and data engineering
- Program analysis and domain specific language design
- System programming, kernel instrumentation, kernel event tracing
- Security big-data analytics (data mining, machine learning for security)