Number of Views: 44
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Job Status: Open
Role in Team
Xometry is seeking a senior full-stack web developer to conceptualize, build, and maintain a state of the art customer-facing website and API. This role is key in integrating internet technology with the manufacturing process to give customers digital access to our advanced prototyping and manufacturing capabilities.
Duties will include:
• Working closely with the rest of the software development team to maintain a website for customers to upload designs, receive instant quotes, and place orders.
• Build, maintain, and connect our website to a RESTful API to our proprietary quoting and assessment software.
• Build automated regression tests and benchmarks for the API and website.
• Develop best practices for maintaining modern web applications.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Engineering or Physics
• 3+ years of experience building live web applications
• Experience with maintaining web applications that regularly receive traffic of at least 1,000 visitors per day
• Proficiency with MongoDB
• Experience with Flask and Angular.JS preferred
• Eagerness to gain proficiency in the latest web technologies
• Experience with both building and consuming RESTful APIs
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently solve problems and debug code
• A portfolio demonstrating clean and compliant code
• Familiarity with automated unit/regression testing and continuous integration
• Familiarity with versioning systems such as Git
• Familiarity with agile software development methodologies